Saturday, December 6, 2008

rUDE aWAKENINGS!

"NOBODY LIKES YOU,
EVERYONE LEFT YOU,
THEY'RE ALL OUT WITHOUT YOU,
HAVING FUN"
-GREEN DAY

i'M TOTALLY PSYCHED! (SPELL?)

Just saw this new musical called "Untitled Punk Project" It was full of Green Day songs set to stage. I loved every bit of it. And yesterday, I was ready to write about how it was another Workshop in which I was dying to be up there and hating everyone who was.
But honestly, everyone up there was amazing.
And I do still want to be up there, but with them:). I just know I can do it. Its days like these that inspire the shit out of me!

I finally realized my ANSWER!
One day, in my Music Theater workshop, the faculty spent a few minutes with each of us, asking us what was it we loved about the stage, performing, and theater.
I'm sure i posted my whack-ass answer. Even though, i'm sure then, that I thought it was a great one. But it wasn't. I rambled on and on about being a black actress and yada yada...bull.

What do I love about Performing?
Because everyday i've been taught to edit myself, and keep things in. I couldn't always indulge in the things I wanted to....maybe because I was a girl? Or because I was christian? I'm not sure. I'm not sure where I got the idea to keep it all in.
But when i'm onstage...I'm finally ALLOWED TO LET IT ALL OUT.
aND THEY CALL IT ART!
aND THEY LOVE IT!
aND YOU GET PAID FOR IT!

THATS WHY I LOVE PERFORMING. :)

aND NOW, I WILL FOREVER THANK GREEN DAY FOR HELPING ME FIND MY ANSWER.


No comments: