Monday, June 7, 2010

A New Find

Good Morning Blogger.. my I haven't visited you in a while. But I am just dying to journal about my new discovery.. nope its not a cool gadget, or a new website.. its a book! ... A more than delightful read.. a book that has really helped me to tap into my relationship with food. Written by Geneen Roth, I heard about "Women Food and God" when Ms. Roth was a guest on the Oprah Show.



As a former dieter, and a woman who has struggled with weight issues since.. dayumm..like age 9!.. I have constantly battled with my self-image and I see that there are even more layers that may need to be pulled away in order for me to really understand why I overeat...WOMEN FOOD AND GOD, is a guideline book that taps into a real weight loss journey.. that has less to do with food and more to do with your relationship with your inner spirituality..and what some may call God.

I can't really say that I have become a full on- Guru. I'm still in the early stages of figuring this all out with myself. I am currently dealing with inner battles of a conditioned mind. But I am truly attached to some of the basic ideas in this book.

What I'm learning the most right now... Is THAT treating yourself with kindness is ALWAYS the way to go. And Dieting is not kind.

I welcome myself.. through a new gate on this weight loss journey.

I highlighted this quote yesterday from the book, and I would love to share it..

"The shape of your body obeys the shape of your beliefs about love, value and possibility. To change your body, you must first understand that which is shaping it. Not fight it. Not force it. Not deprive it. Not shame it. Not do anything but accept--and yes--understand it. Because if you force and deprive and shame yourself into being thin, you end up a deprived, shamed, fearful person who will also be thin for ten minutes."

--Geneen Roth "Women Food and God"

No comments: