Saturday, January 23, 2010

Transformation Challenge Weeks 1-2

I've been doing a lot of writing in my mini journal.. I haven't really been blogging much online.. but I will make more of an effort to.

The transformation challenge at work is going pretty good. I've been working out 2-3 times a week for the past three weeks!..not bad.

I'd really like to kick it up a notch for Week#3. But I thought i'd share with you what we've been covering so far on THE TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE.

***

Week#1

Virtue is Love

We talked about self-esteem during this week and defining it as the way we see and think about ourselves.

Our self - esteem is made up of all the experiences and interpersonal relationships you've had in your life.


12 STEPS TO A HIGH SELF-ESTEEM


*Forgive yourself for past mistakes

*Focuson your positive attributes

*Follow the exampleof successful people

*Exhibit good attitude

*Get plenty of rest

*Practice your talent

*Learn new things

*Improve your personal relationships

*Dress Well

*Become physically fit

*Make your work skills your own

*Be a self-talker


Each week we are instructed to make a weekly goal: During week 1: I took three core fusion classes! And I maintained the Beverage Challenge. I did a lot of writing concerning my self-esteem and addressing some past issues that have always haunted me and affected the way that I felt about myself. I think the biggest moment for me was on the 14th when I finally blogged about a childhood experience. I suddenly felt tears come to my eyes because it was the first time I had relived it in a long time. It was a very healing moment for me.


***

Week #2

Virtue is Gratitude

During this week we were expected to recite what we were thankful for.

Which is quite applicable to the current issue concerning what has happened in HAITI.

I hope everyone was able to watch the telethon for HAITI last night. The performances were very moving. I just want to take a moment to express deepest empathy for the tragedy that people are facing in HAITI. Honestly, I feel quite helpless..I do not know what I can contribute because I have close to nothing. But, taking the time out to really be grateful for everything I have ....is a start.


This week's goals were to take more challenging classes and to focus on more beauty time. I wasn't really able to do any of these at all. I did take 2 classes this week, but I failed to keep up with giving myself that extra time in the morning or evening to take care of myself. It is quite always a challenge for us women to be superwomen and beautiful at the same time. But the idea is really just taking time to pamper yourself..and I know that I do not do enough of this on a daily basis. This alone does contribute to my overall motivation to do anything..so I must improve as best as I can for the sake of ...me.

No comments: